Welcome to "A Runner's Wife"

Some of my writings will be about running, some might just be everyday things, some might be what I have to do because my husand runs. Feel free to share your thoughts. I hope you enjoy my crazy ramblings...

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Time To Pick a New Phone

Thanks to US Cellular's new Belief Project, it's time for me to get a new phone.  I am as excited as I am scared.  Do you remember the first cell phones?  We called them bag phones because they were so big they came in a bag!
This is what my dad's bag phone looked like!
I can remember getting my first cell phone.  I needed it to makes calls and nothing more.  I was so excited!  I won so many radio contest because of my first cell phone.  I think it might have started my cd collection!
Hey it may not be much to look at, but at the time it was the bomb!
Of course there have been many phones since then but I now have the Blackberry Curve.  It took me ages to learn how to use it and now I have to learn something new!?!  I had thought about just getting another Blackberry but I don't like the internet limitations, and I love what the new andriod phones offer.
It has been a wonderful phone, minus the trackball issues.
I am now looking at the HTC Desire.  From what I have been able to find online, HTC seems to be one of, if not the best out there right now.  I'm just not crazy about the touch screen.  As a computer tech, I see what happens to touch screens.  Is that what my phone will soon look like?  And learning the menus again,URG!  Why can't cell phones just agree to have all the menus in the same place?  Would it really be that hard?  I do not think I should have to pull out a book just to answer my phone!  Luckily I have been practicing on Paul's new andriod but I still can't type worth a darn on that thing.  My regular typing is funnier than his predicive text.  
So this is the HTC Desire I am looking at getting.
At least with US Cellular's Belief Project I know I can earn points and get a new phone again soon if I don't like it.  I go Monday so I will be sure to post and let everyone know how the HTC learning is going.




1 comment:

  1. thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind words. Ps. this post reminded me that I need to buy a new cellphone too :)

    ReplyDelete