Welcome to "A Runner's Wife"

Some of my writings will be about running, some might just be everyday things, some might be what I have to do because my husand runs. Feel free to share your thoughts. I hope you enjoy my crazy ramblings...

Sunday, March 20, 2011

SPRING IS HERE ! ! !

I am so glad that spring is finally here!  Now if the weather will just follow.  We are in the warm/cold phase right now.  The other day it snowed, then it got up to 70 degrees, now they are calling for more snow this week, URG! Enough already.  I want beaches and suntan oil, sunburns and flipflops.....NO MORE SNOW!

So I thought as a way to celebrate spring I will share some of my last beach trip.  It was a weekend trip with the girls.  My mom, my 2 aunts, 2 co-workers, me, and a beach!  A couple years ago a close friend of mine and I found a little known hidden beach located in South Carolina.  It's called Edisto Island.  It's a small island located about 45 minutes south of Charleston,SC.  There are no hotels, no chain stores, no chain resturants.  It's a very small island with LOTS of rental houses, condo's, and apartment type housing.  If you are a golfer the resort has a beautiful golf course on the island.  There is a state park with wonderful trails for biking or walking.  The island is small enough that everyone uses bikes or golf carts to get around.  It is located in the protected wetlands so you get a taste of many different kinds of scenery.  It's a beach made of sand, with roads lined with hudge Live Oaks covered in Spanish Moss.  Not concrete and hotels for miles.  No Crabby Mike's or Wings stores.  It is a vacation to relax. 
Inside the gated resort

Beach on sound side, is almost lake calm.
One of the neatest things...at low tide you can walk so far out that you can hear the dolphins blowing water through thier blow-holes as they enter and leave the sound.  We wanted to take pictures but didn't want to risk our cameras in the ocean.

The bike trails are crushed shale and so easy to ride on.  The scenery is breath taking.  They have a great little bike rental that rents everything from bikes to boats!

We thought the signs were a joke, boy were we wrong!

And he was in the river right beside our condo!!!

We stayed at the King Cotton Condos.  They were great!  Two screened in decks, front deck without screen, two car garage, outdoor shower, 3br/4 full bath, and an elevator.  It was wonderful!

Right now we are planning our vacation to Universal Studios in Orlando.....but not to worry.  I will be back to Edisto soon.......

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what I'd give for a trip like this...as I type I can see mounds of snow waiting to melt.

    ReplyDelete