Welcome to "A Runner's Wife"

Some of my writings will be about running, some might just be everyday things, some might be what I have to do because my husand runs. Feel free to share your thoughts. I hope you enjoy my crazy ramblings...

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Runner's Wife's Best Friend

OK, I know that I have already posted today but it's new so I thought I would give it another shot today.  Now, on to my point of topic.  Ever had to sit for 3 1/2 - 4 hours waiting on someone to finish running?  Well if you haven't then you're lucky.  It crawls by!  I love to read but often I finish a book before Paul finishes or I make the horrible mistake of picking up and packing a book that I have already read.  For Christmas, Paul got me a Kindle.  It has been the best gift EVER!  (Now if only I can remember to pack it).  I have one with the  built in, Amazon Whispernet wireless, so if I finish a book, I quickly download another.  Something I had no idea about was the games for Kindle.  I am a sudoku nut, did you know that you can buy that for your Kindle?  And there are tons of other games out there too.  I am more of a reader so can't really help much on the games but thought it was a neat option I didn't know about.  I have found that it is much easier to do searches online if you don't have an idea of the kind of book you are looking for.  If you know who wrote it or the exact title it can easily be found doing a search from your Kindle but I think the choices are too grand with the limited amount of sorting options when viewing from the Kindle.  OK, ladies & men, what gets you through the races?  What have you found as the best "time killer" as we wait for our men, women, and children to cross the finish line?

No comments:

Post a Comment